Mindful Self-Compassion 8-week course
The Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program was developed by Dr.s Kristin Neff and Christopher Germer (www.mindfulselfcompassion.org), pioneering researchers and teachers in the field of self-compassion (Self-Compassion.org). Research has shown that self-compassion greatly enhances emotional wellbeing. It boosts happiness, reduces anxiety and depression, and can even help maintain healthy lifestyle habits such as diet and exercise. Most of us feel compassion when a close friend is struggling. What would it be like to receive the same caring attention whenever you needed it most? All that’s required is a shift in the direction of our attention - recognizing that as a human being, you, too, are a worthy recipient of compassion.
In this program, you’ll learn:
- how to stop being so hard on yourself
- how to handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- how to motivate yourself with encouragement rather than criticism
- how to transform difficult relationships, both old and new
- mindfulness and self-compassion practices for home and everyday life
- the theory and research behind mindful self-compassion
- how to become your own best teacher
A randomized, controlled trial demonstrated that the MSC program significantly increased self-compassion, compassion for others, mindfulness, and life satisfaction, as well as decreased depression, anxiety and stress. Improvements were linked to how much a person practiced mindfulness and self-compassion in their daily lives. Josephine and Helen undertook teacher training in delivering the MSC programme with Kristin Neff and Christopher Germer and are delighetd to be offering it from The Mindfulness Centre.