Which Mindfulness Course?
Mindfulness has become such a buzz word, how is one to know which course to take? Here are some pointers to help you decide, so you can be sure that what you are signing up for meets the highest standards:
- The original Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy programmes are designed to be taught over 8 weeks.
- All the pertinent research has been carried out on courses lasting 8 weeks.
- The length of each class is at least 2 hours, ideally 2.5 – 3 hours
- Teachers of Mindfulness-Based Approaches should have a strong meditation practice of their own, supported by attendance at residential retreats and regular supervision.
- Teachers should have completed an in-depth, rigorous mindfulness-based teacher training programme or supervised pathway over a minimum duration of 18 months.
- Teachers should adhere to the Good Practice Guidelines developed by the Mindfulness Teachers Network, Ireland.